Kanpeki o Tsui Kyu Suru To Seek Perfection

What is perfection? I have no idea. Will I ever be able to do perfect kendo? Definitely not. So, why do I keep doing kendo? I have no idea. For some reason, though, the thought that my kendo will never be perfect is awesome. It means there’s always something to improve on. Mostly, it means I’ll never be bored. When you finish a video game, you’re done. When you finish eating your dinner, you’re also done. When you finish kendo… you’re probably just dead (or you quit). Probably not the most pleasant sounding thing in the world, but to me that’s a bit comforting. If you don’t make it a part of your life, then what’s the point of doing it, right? That impossible to reach perfection makes that possible.



Real Life Application: If you’re passionate about what you do, you’ll never be able to make it perfect. You can either let that drive you insane, or you can let that drive you for your entire life. This is what people call “purpose.” If you get one, you’ll feel a lot happier.  From Kendo:  Striving for Perfection When Perfection is Impossible by Koichi May 22, 2012

Originally, I had this elaborate explanation (in my head) on how I was going to explain this subject, but Koichi did such a great job in the most Lean way that I decided to leave it alone.

I will, however, follow up with another supporting blog.

Sensei Domi






No comments:

Post a Comment